|Date / time||Event|
June 30, 2020 - August 18, 2020
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
|Monthly IFS Consult Group June July Aug '20|
My Bio for Events:
Laura Schmidt, LMFT, has supported individuals, couples, families and groups as a family systems therapist for over 20 years. She’s passionate about teaching clinicians how to access more calm, compassion and open-heartedness in their work.
Laura maintains a private practice in Spokane, WA, and has been a Certified Internal Family Systems therapist since 2010. She leads IFS workshops and facilitates process, consultation and supervision groups for clinicians locally, nationally and abroad. Laura worked individually for a year with IFS founder, Dr. Richard Schwartz, and has maintained her own monthly therapy and supervision with IFS Lead Trainers since 2008. She is an AAMFT Approved Supervisor, Program Assistant for the IFS Institute and Approved Consultant for IFS Certification.
Laura received her MA in Marriage and Family Therapy from Syracuse University, NY, and has lived throughout the U.S., in Canada and Germany. She specialized in working with sexual trauma and disordered eating for many years. Laura replenishes while chasing fresh air in a variety of outdoor activities year-round. She competed throughout North America as a professional road cyclist in her 30’s until suffering a career-ending brain injury in 2010. Her lengthy road to recovery transformed her life outlook, presence and purpose. Laura is an engaging presenter, known for her candor, humor and connectedness.
Ms. Schmidt was very open to/promoted asking questions. Naturally, calmly took the time to masterfully incorporate the answers into her presentation. Ms. Schmidt is a beautiful soul.
Tending to My Therapist Parts
This 2 hour group will give you an opportunity to connect with the responses stirred up from challenging or “resistant” clients in a supportive, confidential setting with other healing professionals. Our group will include a guided meditation, group sharing and experiential with a 10 minute break after an hour.
This Zoom offering is limited to mental health professionals or students, as well as Level 1 trained IFS Practitioners. Limited to 10 participants.
Your seat is reserved once you’ve registered.
Discount for Students or those under financial distress.
Pause for Calm and Connection
Guided Meditation (woven from Internal Family Systems and Mindful Self Compassion practices) and optional Sharing
First Wednesday of the Month
12:15-12:45pm PT via Zoom
Drop ins are welcome! Feel free to invite other healing professionals. The lovely group is usually between 10-20–some faces visible, others just listening. The sessions are not cumulative, although the more often you practice, the more fluent and easily you can BE with your responses and emotions from a calm, curious, compassionate place.
You’ll be muted automatically and can choose to have your camera/video on or off. Log in anytime after noon so you’re technically settled in time! At 12:15pm PT, I’ll welcome us, lead a 10-15 minute meditation, then give you a moment for writing or quiet reflection before opening the call up to some brief sharing.
Monthly IFS tele-consult group via Zoom. Tuesday or Thursday 11:30-1pm PT
For clinicians with some previous IFS exposure. Level 1 Grads can count this as group IFS consultation hours towards IFS Certification.
Meetings include discussion, Q&A, teaching, case consultation, mini demos, experientials, etc.– whatever group members would like to expand and facilitate their Self Leadership and clinical application of the IFS Model. If all group members agree, sessions can be recorded and shared afterwards for participants’ review only. Limited to 5 participants.
90 minutes. 4 month commitment. Fee is determined by size of group. Your seat is reserved once payment is received.
If you’re interested in joining our group, please email me your interest, scope of practice and previous IFS experience.
IFS Process Group
6 biweekly sessions
- For those who have attended my IFS Introduction or other similar training, this is a unique opportunity to expand your experience of the IFS framework for deepening awareness, compassion and Self energy in a safe, confidential setting with Certified IFS therapist with over 20 years of clinical experience. We’ll apply the Model to your own internal system and your interactions with one another through guided meditation, experiential exercises, didactic teaching, live demos and group processing.
- There are 8 spaces available and your seat is reserved once I receive payment. The fee is $400 for the 6, 2H meetings. You may pay with cash, check, Apple Pay, VenMo or here on my website with a credit card.
- This doesn’t qualify as a therapy group to bill to insurance.
- This group is for healing professionals, who want to deepen their understanding and application of the IFS framework–for themselves and for patients, clients, students, etc. While this group isn’t therapy, per se, it will be therapeutic and impact your own self understanding and compassion.
- These groups are not eligible for CEs.
- If you are interested in helping with logistics (room set up, take down, etc.) to offset your cost, please contact me.
- Students discounts available.