Date / time
Date(s) - March 22, 2019
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Laura's office: (Directions)
FAQs and Description of the Expansions:
- For those who have attended my IFS Introduction or other similar training, this is a unique opportunity to expand your experience of the IFS framework for deepening awareness, compassion and Self energy, in a safe, confidential setting with a Certified IFS Therapist. We’ll continue by helping you apply the model to your own internal system through experiences such as: guided meditation (and the parts this may stir up), experiential exercises (writing, sandtray, sculpting, parts mapping, dyad/triad exercises), practice in identifying parts, unblending from them and building a relationship with them; speaking FOR parts rather than FROM them, and learning how to access and cultivate qualities of Self leadership (compassion, curiosity, calm, creativity, clarity, courage, curiosity, confidence and connectedness). We have many options and each month the Expansion meeting will include different material.
- Fee is $30 if I receive payment 48H before the Expansion (but I’d appreciate an RSVP as soon as you know you’re coming.) Fee after that and day of is $35. You may pay with cash, check, or the link on my website with a credit card.
- This doesn’t qualify as a therapy group to bill to insurance.
- This group is geared towards healing practitioners, not just mental health therapists (just like IFS trainings) who want to deepen their understanding and application of the IFS framework–for themselves and for patients, clients, students, etc. While this group isn’t therapy, per se, it will be therapeutic and impact your own self understanding and compassion.
- These groups aren’t eligible for CEs. Applying for and offering CEs is a lengthy process and would be required for every meeting–something I can’t pursue at this time.
- If we have a large enough group in the future to split into an IFS consult group for mental health clinicians, and another IFS expansion group for healing practitioners, we may do that–depending on interest. But for now, we’ll learn from one another and practice together in a safe, confidential setting.
- If you’re interested in participating in IFS therapy as a client, the only other IFS trained therapist in town seeing clients is David Baird at the Vet Center (so you have to be a veteran to meet with him). IFS lends itself very well to teletherapy, and you can visit www.selfleadership.org to find a therapist in another location if needed. Also Jay Earley runs effective IFS teletherapy groups. https://personal-growth-programs.com
- And finally, please keep your ears open for office space (within a mile of downtown) large enough for 10-12 people, as we just learned our lease won’t be renewed starting in June. 🙁
Registration is closed for this event.